2018 Parade Guidelines
CORN PALACE STAMPEDE INC.
P.O. BOX 177 MITCHELL S.D. 57301
CORN PALACE STAMPEDE RODEO PARADE
2018 Theme: "Experience The Wild Ride"
JULY 21, 2018
10:30 A.M. Start Time
DEAR PARADE ENTRANTS;
Thank you for entering the 48th annual Corn Palace Stampede Rodeo Parade. Please read the following information.
* Parade headquarters are located at the Performance Pet Products (formerly Campbell Supply) parking lot at 12th and Main St. Registration begins at 8:30 and concludes at 10:00. EACH ENTRY NEEDS TO REGISTER AND PICK UP THEIR ENTRY NUMBER DURING THOSE TIMES.
* All entries need to be in line ready to go by 10:00.
*Buses and/or trailers can unload at the High School parking lot.- east of MTI
*Parade numbers need to be placed on both sides of the entry. Please bring along necessary items to attach parade number to entry. Ex. tape safety pins etc.
*Parade officials will be on hand to answer questions and help you line up.
*Judges will be located near the Corn Palace balcony at 6th & Main. While showing the judges your best please do not hold up the parade behind you.
*Following the parade the results will be posted on the door of KORN radio and may be announced on our local radio stations.
*Trophies will be available to be picked up at the rodeo performances on Sat. or Sun. nights. Trophies not picked up at the rodeo can be picked up at Campbell Supply on Mon. July 23rd.
* Shrine trophies will be awarded shortly following the parade.
ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE…….
* Try to maintain about 3 to 4 car lengths between your entry and the entry in front of you.
*CANDY AND ALL OTHER ITEMS ARE TO BE HANDED OUT BY WALKERS.
DO NOT THROW FROM VEHICLES.
* Use extreme caution in the use of props, I.e. water, etc. DO NOT SPRAY WATER AT PEOPLE WITH CAMERAS!
* ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED.
Thanks again for helping make this a great week for the community of Mitchell.
Please bring this letter with you on Saturday to help speed up the registration process.
YOUR PARADE NUMBER IS __________