Corn Palace Stampede Queen Contest
* There will be two qualified judges for horsemanship for all age divisions.
* There will be two qualified judges for interviews for all age divisions.
* There will be six qualified judges for introduction speeches, impromptu questions, speeches, modeling, & photogenics.
* Horsemanship - Each contestant will compete in horsemanship. Sr. Queen Contestants will be running two patterns for horsemanship. The first pattern will be run on their horse & the second pattern will be run on an unfamiliar horse.
* Introduction Speeches - Each contestant will be giving a brief introduction speech about themselves. Contestants should include their name, age, parent’s name, where they are from &* some fun facts about themselves.
* Impromptu Questions – Each contestant will be answering an impromptu question. Jr. Princess & Princess Contestants will be answering one impromptu question. Jr. Queen Contestants will be answering two impromptu questions & Sr. Queen Contestants will be answering three impromptu questions.
* Speech – Jr. Queen Contestants will be giving a minute & a half speech while Sr. Queen Contestants will be giving a two minute speech. The topic for the speech is “What has rodeo taught you?”.
* Modeling – Each contestant will model one western outfit of their choice. Please bring a description of your outfit on a 3x5 notecard prior to judging.
* Photogenic – Sr. Queen Contestants will be scored on the photograph that is submitted with their application. This photograph should be a vertical head & shoulder shot. Please send two.
* Interview – Two judges will privately interview each contestant. Interview questions will include horse care, knowledge of tack, disease, anatomy, knowledge of professional rodeo, rodeo terminology, vocabulary, world standings, etc...
* Written Test – All Jr. Queen & Sr. Queen Contestants will be taking a written test. The questions on the test are factual questions that are taken out of the interview & they may include horse care, knowledge of tack, disease, anatomy, knowledge of professional rodeo, rodeo terminology, & world standings.
* Participation – Each Contestant will be judged on her participation level throughout the entire Queen Contest.